Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paige in Santa Sabina.

Wow...has my world changed. I feel like Iv moved to a new country. Its a whole new world. So much to say hmmm...where do I start? Lets see... My companion Hermana Jillian Rockwood is A'mazing! I am senior companion but I feel like she is because she knows spanish so well. We are in the city so the people are alotttttt more closed off but we are working with some great people. Its cold and rains like crazy. Like you have not seen rain until you have come to Santa Sabina. Cold and wet is what i am everyday. Oh and absolutly EXAUSTED. i feel like im pregnant carrying 7 kids up these hills. we literally walk up Mountians everyday. Im not exagerating. haha. But other than that its allll goood! I love it here! 
It was realllly hard to leave Linares this week! i HAVNT SEEN SO MANY PEOPLE CRY IN MY LIFE. It just shows how the Gospel can really bring people together...No matter if we are the same skin color, speak the same language, or are from completely different continents. My testimony has strengthened. I have realized how we really have the plentitude of the Gospel. So many people have gone from feeling fine to feeling SOOO HAPPY...and others have gone from feeling like something was missing their whole life...to now where they have found the truth.  We are def. working really hard. Yesterday we walked for 6 hours and did not sit down once. Last night when we were going to plan for the next day I about feel asleep during our prayer. 

Funny story. 

We are teaching this old man. Manual. He is 89 and wants to be baptized. He is very receptive but kind of hard to understand. Yesterday he let us know that he wants to go to church and find a girlfriend. He said in a redneck-spanish accent, ¨for years and years my daughter here has had to clip my toe nails. I wanna go find a girl at church that can CLIP my TOENAILS! We just smiled and he was like...NO im for real. I had such a long toenail the other day that it curled around my toe and my daughter had to dig them clippers down in there to pick it out. It took a couple hours. I wanna find me a girlfriend that will clip myyyy toenails.¨  I seriously go to his house sometimes just to be entertained. hahha. 

We are also working with Claudia who will be baptized this coming sunday and fransisca. They are awesome!! Then next sunday Fransisco and Antonia will be baptized! And the next week Ivonne, Edwardo and Camillia will be baptized! We have really been teaching by the spirit this week. Letting the spirit take over our words. Iv realized you cant prove the gospel to be true, like you cant just prove that there is a God. BUT you can have faith and pay attention to the spirit and then Heavenly Father will do the rest. We are humans, not perfect...and its really easy to want to have an answer for everything but THAT is when we have Faith. And THAT is when we will grow closer to our SAVIOR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment